Friday 26 December 2008

Something About The Mouth


I thought I'd spend the day writing but found myself consumed with finishing this cartoon for The Spine. Getting a resemblance to a real person is something I haven't conquered. Some people are easier than others. Philip took seconds. The Queen still isn't right after countless hours. In the end, I decided to cheat and traced her face from a portrait. If I have more time, I'll figure out the right codes so I'll be able to sketch her quickly. It doesn't seem right spending so much time on one picture. My versions of her were getting increasingly baboon-like. It's something about the mouth...

2 comments:

Sheesh Kabeesh said...

Quite enjoying your new blogging area. Good cartoons! Your blogs always look so terrific...where do you get the templates from, in particular this one? Did you design it yourself?


chin chin!

Montegue B

David said...

Thank you Mr. Blister. I design and build all my blogs, modifying the standard blogger themes. Part of the pleasure of blogging is designing the new blog. It's probably too enjoyable. That's possibly why I've opened so damn many of them.