Friday 2 January 2009

Blogging Meltdown

Generally, it isn’t wise to make resolutions. They are fragile things, likely to break under the merest cheesecake or a must-buy hardback. However, I’m starting the year intending to carry on blogging as myself, a couple of times a week. ‘And this is me,’ as Mike Yarwood would say. Of course, we always knew it was him. He was to impressions what David Cameron is to conviction politics. But I really do mean it when I say ‘and this is me’. In fact, not only will blogging as ‘me’ be great, I’ll be a better version of ‘me’ than you’ve ever seen.

No doubt about it: ‘me’ will be something special. Naturally, I intend to be far less honest about my bad moods and my bad luck. No more late night posts about the neighbours. I’ll also cut out all the moaning and anecdotes about how life in the North tends towards misery, compiled into a compendium of gloom. Instead, I’m hoping to reinvent myself as a genial sort and pose as a briar pipe smoking Tory, with just the occasional wry little post on political scene, popular culture, and the worthy things that my colleagues in the blogging community get up to.

Oh, 2009 I salute you! You are the year when my nose will be rank with the sweet aroma of flattery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh.

David said...

That's an evil laugh, Elberry. An evil laugh.