Tuesday 6 January 2009

Scrub That Order To Panic ...

Well, that was a fun couple of hours...

Turns out that the anti-virus software had tampered/corrupted my BIOS settings and the PC was booting from the wrong device. Sounds simple now but at the heart of the maelstrom, where I panic because I think of two weeks work lost, it wasn’t so straightforward. It took me a little while to figure it out but it’s a good lesson learned. Tomorrow I will be taking my half-hour at lunch and I’m going to see if I can find myself a reasonably priced external drive. I don’t know why I’ve never thought of this before but I should have a second hard drive running parallel to my main PC with software to back my important directories up at night.

Heading to bed, relieved though still pretty annoyed with myself. I should have got more work done these two weeks. A few dozen cartoons and some blog posts isn’t enough to help push me beyond this job.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

David, I've been meaning to say for ages that I'd like to be added to the inner circle of special folk who get to look at your cartoon blog. My email address should be on my profile.

David said...

Consider yourself invited. Just sent it out.

Not sure about 'Lost in Translation' as a favourite film, though. In terms of cinema, watching that was the worst nine hours of my life.