Tuesday 6 January 2009

Typical

For years I've bought the 'Artists and Writers' Yearbook'. Then I stopped buying them since I never found the bloody things helpful. Last year, I had a change of heart and bought a copy of the 'Writer's Market UK', which has proved similarly useless. Only now I need a copy of the 'Artists' part of the Yearbook and I haven't a copy in the house.

I'm in Manchester for two days -- I can't believe I'm back so soon -- which will at least give me a chance to pick one up, along with another packet of this HP photo paper. That's if I take half an hour for lunch and work through until five, catching the later train home. The temptation is always to get the eight hours out of the way, to get home earlier...

I'm collecting all my drawings together and keeping them in a folder. I have about thirty printed out in high quality (they do look stunning), and a dozen or so more to tidy up and print. I have no idea if they're worth anything but I have to live in hope. Especially when I have two days of proofreading leisure reports ahead of me in Manchester.

And just when I was getting back into the routine of writing and drawing...

No comments: